WP7: Awareness Building, Dissemination and Standardisation Work
The main objective of WP7 is to coordinate outwards activities such as dissemination, standardization and sustainability.
- Awareness building and dissemination activities consisted of creating and maintaining the project Web site, dissemination materials, events, publications, Webinars, news, activities in Social Networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube, and more.
- Standardisation activities: OpenScout has provided key contributions to standardization activities in the following fields:
- Social and Context Metadata: The CEN Workshop Learning Technologies has started an initiative on social and context metadata where OpenScout feeds its experiences regarding CAM attention metadata and good practices.
- InLOC (Integrating Learning Outcomes and Competences): Within the CEN Workshop Learning Technologies a workgroup on competence descriptions and learning outcomes has been initiated. OpenScout has contributed definitions, use cases and potential extensions to existing specifications.
- Accessibility: A variety of OpenScout activities were fed into the accessibility standardization community. Based on findings in the OpenScout project we have e.g. proposed a Norwegian Standard on “Description of function and services of a web site” with the number prNS 11023. Moreover, OpenScout has contributed to the revision process of ISO/IEC 24751 series of standards known as “Access for All”.
- Creating sustainable structures: In partnership with the European Association of Technology Enhanced Learning (EATEL) the OpenScout project has created the Special Interest Group (SIG) Open Content for Business and Management. The main goal of the SIG is to drive and promote Open Education for the Business and Management domain. The SIG maintains and extends the successful portal, user community and services of OpenScout and aims at being the single access point for people engaged in this field.